Prison may be one of the last places you would like to go, but the life that the inmates lead and the culture that is established behind the walls is a hugely popular voyeuristic phenomenon.
Prisoners have their own form of “Ebonics” as society would say and is known widely as Prison Slang. Here is our Top 5:
(1) Shank – a popular term for a prison made knife or sharp object used to injure or possible kill another prisoner
(2) Kyte – (Kite) – a term that is used for a note, message or letter meant for another prisoner, guard, administrator or outsider which may or may not include a loved one
(3) Package – an encompassing term used for a prisoner that is living with HIV
(4) Celly – an endearing term for a prisoner that shares the same cell or living quarters
(5) “To the Door” – this is moreso a phrase that is used for inmates who have to do all of their time or rather max out their sentences