Inmates Are Not the Only Ones With Addictions – Take the Quiz
The Four Addictions
We’ve discovered four addictions we all have that destroy more dreams, more hopes and more lives than alcohol, drugs, food, gambling or sex combined. When we refer to addictions, we are not focused on any of these. To us, those are habitual symptoms or effects brought on by four much larger causes that are the root cause of those symptoms.
1) The Addiction to opinions of other people. As a society, we’re addicted to what others think about us and how others’ views of the world affect us.
2) The Addiction to drama. Some people are drawn to and consumed by any event or situation that occupies their thoughts and fills their mind with negativity, which often brings attention to them in unproductive ways.
3) The Addiction to the past. These people have an unhealthy attachment to events or situations that have occurred in the past. They’re stuck in how things used to be.
4) The Addiction to worry. This addiction is comprised of all the negative and self-defeating thoughts that make us anxious, disturbed, upset and stressed, that hold us back in life.
TAKE THE QUIZ:
Tom Ferry’s Sure Signs of Four Addictions — these are merely ideas to help you identify how each addiction could be showing up in your life. Do not reject the addiction if you don’t relate to the six examples in each category. Think about situations in your life that might be more relevant to you.
The Addiction to the Opinions of Others
1. You Are Concerned About What Others Are Saying or Think About You.
2. You Have Good Ideas and Intentions But Find Yourself Afraid to Act on Them.
3. You Over Leveraged Yourself Financially in the Last Decade With Cars, Clothes, Homes, Jewelry and More.
4. You Are Constantly Seeking Other People’s Approval or Avoiding Their Disapproval.
5. You’re Afraid to Speak in Public.
6. You’re Afraid to Speak Your Mind.
The Addiction to Drama
1. You Love To Gossip.
2. You Are Always In The Middle of a Crisis.
3. You’re Glued to the News, Magazines and Stories About X Y & Z.
4. You Have a Tendency Toward Over Reacting Versus Rational Behavior.
5. Everything Is a Bigger Deal Than It Actually Is.
6. You’re a Pot Stirrer.
Are You Ready To Be Addicted?
The Addiction to the Past
1. You Constantly Talk About the Past and the Way Things Used to Be.
2. You Resist Change.
3. You Continually Fail to Plan for a Better Future.
4. You Argue for the Past That Things Used to be Better.
5. You’ve Allowed Relationships to Become Stale, Uninteresting and Without Passion.
6. You have Physically or Mentally Peaked.
The Addiction to Worry
1. You’re Depressed, Concerned and Fearful about Everything.
2. You Spend Time with Other Worriers.
3. You Turn to TV and Movies as a Way to Escape the Thoughts in Your Head.
4. You Continuously Wake Up at Night from Your Mind Chatter.
5. You Continuously Go to the Worst-Case Scenario First.
6. You Use Food, Alcohol or Drugs to Control Your Moods and Feelings.
If you were to take away only one message from us, we want you to free yourself from the four addictions. Your life will become instantly and infinitely better.
We’re not a gurus. We are a regular people who has made it our life’s mission to make a difference in other people’s lives. We have been exposed to more and perhaps different models of excellence over the course of our careers, which has helped us develop and brand our own model of excellence, one you can now benefit from and experience for yourself.
We are two of the fortunate people in this world who wakes up every day eager, anxious, excited, fired up and ready to get to work. Against many obstacles, I have created an extraordinary life. Are we somehow luckier than you? No. We simply learned to and choose to live our lives by what is already written for us–not by default. So can you.
We all have our OWN strange addictions. Some are just more willing to admit it then others.